The Everlasting Phelps

TRIGGER WARNING: This entire site will cause massive butthurt in any precious snowflake that needs a trigger warning for anything.

Hot Air America

March 2nd, 2005

Michelle Malkin points to an article by Brian Maloney about Air America stinking up the ratings.

• New York: 1.2 share, competing with 2.1s and 3.8s from other talk stations

• Boston: 0.6, compared to 4.3 and 4.0 at competing stations
  • San Diego: 1.9, compared to 5.5
  • Philadelphia: 0.8, compared to 4.1

I don’t think this has to do with it being liberal radio anymore than I did a year ago. I still hold by what I said then: the programming stinks. Sucky radio is sucky radio. Conservative stations don’t go looking for conservative jocks. They go looking for good jocks, and the ones they come up with are conservative. When they find a decent liberal host (like Colmes), they snap them up because they are a novelty and there is a market for it. The problem is that Air America fails to serve that market because it is crap.

Comments

RSS
  • guy in the UNLV jacket says on: March 2, 2005 at 2:20 pm

How can you call an hour with Al Franken crap. That guy was Stuart and he is good enough and gosh darn it people like him

• guy in the UNLV jacket says on: March 2, 2005 at 2:23 pm

How the hell did Janeane Garofalo get on the radio? She isn’t even funny as a comedianne or actress she is just boring and whiney!!!

• Phelps says on: March 2, 2005 at 3:08 pm

It’s because they ran out of color when they put the Public Enemy guy on in the morning and didn’t have room under the White Liberal cap for Margaret Cho.

• THE "D" says on: March 2, 2005 at 3:16 pm

Phelps,

What are your feelings in regards to the Sig .40 cal? I am complting my CCW class tonight and thought that would be better to qualify with than my Taurus PT145 .45 cal. I have good control with the .45 but the .40 is very ver nice. I wanted to know what you thought about this.

• Phelps says on: March 2, 2005 at 3:21 pm

It really depends on what you are comfortable with. You aren’t worried about stopping power when you qualify, just putting holes in paper. If you shoot better with the 45, then take that. If the 40 is easier to control or feels better, use that. Texas requires you to qualify to a “defense caliber” (which is .38/9mm or larger) but that is the only requirement. And you have to qualify with an Auto to carry an Auto.)

I started to ask what this had to do with Al Franken, but now I don’t wanna.

• THE "D" says on: March 2, 2005 at 3:38 pm

hey I have 20 minutes to get to class. You are the authority so I had to ask when I got a chance. Sorry did not mean to get off the subject. Thanks alot. I am going to take them both!!

Have a Great Evening!

• Mexigogue says on: March 2, 2005 at 3:56 pm

Damn. I’m too late to shoot at him on his way out!

The Everlasting Phelps