Notice to FEC

The word on the street is that the Federal Election Commission has been ordered to regulate the Internet and require reporting about “campaign activities” of everyone on the internet. In the spirit of John Hancock, I’m going to write this big so no one at the FEC misses it:

Fuck you.

I will not report. I will not bow to regulations. Should regulations be put in place, I will violate them, willingly and maliciously, every single day. You will not tell me what I can and cannot say on my blog. For reference, please see Amendment I to the Constitution of The United States of America.

1. SayUncle says:

On the FEC regulating blogs

Mike’s poster is appropriate. It’s also one of the random things that appears in the upper right corner here at SayUncle.

However, what Phelps said is more to the point. The good news is that in that post he vowed to blog every day.

2. guy in the UNLV jacket says:

Wow that sucks….

3. cube says:

I could be induced to not say things on my blog, if they are willing to pay me to shut up.

Of course i have always been very open to my willingness to take money for saying things or not saying things on my blog. So far no one has taken my up on that offer.

4. bob reynolds says:

I don’t have a blog. I don’t have much interest in having a blog but if this comes around I WILL have a blog and be telling them to FUCK OFF and will routinely be writing/posting whatever it is that gets their knickers in a knot :-).

Bob

5. I await the police.

6. Kevin Baker says:

I have a blog. I have a lot of guns. I intend to defend the exercise of both my First and Second Amendment protected rights.

Line. Sand. Do not cross.

7. Dolan says:

…..to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foriegn and domestic.

from the oath of enlistment, US Army.

Is the Marine oath any different?

do the demoicans care?

8. THE "D" says:

Everyone should be a member of the NRA if you really and truly interested in protecting your rights. We need to make sure all elected officials understand that they work for us. We don’t need someone telling us what we can and cannot do.

FUCK THEM AND THE FAT BITCH THEY RODE IN ON!!!!!

One day I followed a thread in Democratic Underground and it was like a trip to Bizzaro-land. The people there seemed to think that the Republicans want to shut down the blogs because they are afraid of the influence of Democratic blogs. I was like huh? They said things like “The Republicans would be willing to sacrifice the right wing blogs to eliminate the democratic blogs they are so afraid of.” I thought I had arrived on a different planet.

10. McCain-Feingold Insurrection

I’m sure that everyone has, by now, heard that the FEC is considering whether copying text from a political press release or linking to a candidate’s website might be considered a “contribution” and therefore regulated under the recent “reforms” to…