Sheehan Again

I’m not going to turn this into a Sheehan Blog, but I couldn’t let this speech go unanswered:

“If you fall on the side that is pro-George, and pro-war, you get your ass over to Iraq, and take the place of somebody who wants to come home. And if you fall on the side that is against this war and against George Bush, stand up and speak out.”

You know what, Cindy? You just destroyed your own argument. Casey volunteered to re-enlist after the war started. Casey volunteered to go on the mission that he was killed in specifically.

Casey was on the pro-Bush, pro-war side. He got his ass to Iraq, and he took the place of someone that wanted to come home.

Go home, Cindy.

1. guy in the UNLV jacket says:

The Reverand Al Sharpton and Martin Sheen have Joined her protest. She is officially a wacko now!!!

2. Paul says:

I was over there (admittedly only for a couple of months, hey, that’s the mission) and am a volunteer in our armed forces. So, I figure that gives me an extry-powerful right to tell Cindy to have a hot, steamy cup of SHUT THE FUCK UP!

3. Northe says:

/agree

4. Cosmic Siren says:

I think that some of this is her way of trying to get back at her son’s memory for defying her and joining the military against her wishes.

5. Paul says:

I doubt that you’re goin’ far enough back. She says “…and take the place of somebody who wants to come home.” She resents her son growing into a man who makes his own choices and lives (or dies) with the consequences. She suggests that those who took an oath to follow the legal orders of their superior officers should be able to run home when things get scary.

6. Cosmic Siren says:

I know a guy like that. He also tries to ditch his family responsibilities when they get “too confining”.

I was raised to call that a lack of character.