The Daily Show

At the end of this The Daily Show interview, Jon Stewart asks, “do you know what’s crazy about this conversation?”

Yes, Jon, I do.  It is that what you decided to show on the air was 85% you talking, and the other 15% was Cliff May trying to get you to shut up so that he could actually say something.

Don’t do the Daily Show.  No matter how the full interview goes, all they are going to do is use on the air is you as a prop for Jon Stewart to pontificate from.  Make him do a monologue instead.

5 Comments

  1. With Jon Stewart it’s “clown face on/clown face off” depending on whether or not he’s willing to stand up to the scrutiny. He’s either a comedian or he’s a pundit, he can’t be both at the same time.

  2. Crisatunity says:

    Any chance you’d turn on a full feed for your blog?

  3. Phelps says:

    I doubt I could figure it out, and it would make it too easy for splogs to scrape the site.

  4. jayhawk says:

    the daily show posted the entire interview on their website, it was only the first 5 minutes. Cliff May got plenty of word in edgewise

  5. Phelps says:

    Because of course it is perfectly valid to show a skewed version hacked together by hacks on the air, with the real “interview” hidden on the website as CYA.