TRIGGER WARNING: This entire site will cause massive butthurt in any precious snowflake that needs a trigger warning for anything.
Who make lying, deceitful ads. And they are racist to boot.
Here’s the problem: The CSGV has done some selective editing in its video. In its version of the ad, Barrow displays a pistol and says:
“Long before I was born, my grandfather used this little Smith & Wesson hereâ€¦.”
It cuts the Augusta congressman off there. How did Barrow finish the sentence in the original, and what did the CSGV choose to omit? This:
“â€¦to help stop a lynching.”
Good people stayed in their houses and didn’t speak up when there was carnage in the streets and the total violation of a fundamental rights of African-Americans as they marched in Selma, and they let Bull Connor and the redneck elements of the South and the Klan take over their culture in effect and become of face of it.
You know who really made a difference, Tom? They were people who didn’t stay in their houses. They were black men, many of them veterans, who took rifles and shotguns with them to watch over the civil rights marchers. They are the ones like the Deacons for Defense and Justice, who guarded the houses targeted by the Klan. Men like Condoleezza Rice’s father, who stood on their front porch with his shotgun against the Klan.
Let’s get right down to it. Gun control has racist roots in trying to disarm blacks and immigrants. It was no plainer than in the Jim Crow south, where gun laws were used to disarm men like the Deacons for Defense and John Wesley Rice. First was registration, and then when the lists were complete, confiscation.
The thing is, it never disarmed the Klan. Why? Because the Klan and the cops were often one and the same. This notion that the state should have some monopoly on force is insane, because the state is just People like you and me. They can be corrupt. They can be criminals. And they can damned sure be instruments of injustice. The Klan didn’t need guns. Their weapons of choice were rope, clubs and firebombs. They always had the numbers, and they were all big, violent men.
Their victims needed guns. Just like now.
The NRA Attacks Obama in a Video saying that he’s an arrogant elitist for sending his kids to a school with armed guards (on top of the Secret Service) while calling the NRA deranged for asking for the same protection for all schoolkids. The White House responded:
“Most Americans agree that a president’s children should not be used as pawns in a political fight,” said Jay Carney, the White House press secretary.
Then, Obama went and did his little Executive Order circus:
Surrounded by children who are being used as pawns in a political fight.
Oh, and one of the executive orders was to put more cops in schools.
Just like the NRA originally asked for.
So Obama released his Executive Orders to Prevent Maniacs From Being Maniacs today. I’ve taken the time to translate the summaries into plain English below:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
Tell the government to follow the law.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
Tell the regulators to stop the stupid and useless regulations.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
Pay the states back for the unfunded mandates that the Feds keeps making.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Tell the Attorney General to do his job.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
Start another unfunded mandate. (See #3.)
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
Tell FDLs how to do something no one is ever going to bother to do.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
Do the same thing the NRA already does, only half as well at twice the cost.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
Do what Underwriters Laboratories already does, only half as well at twice the cost.
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
Tell the Feds to do their jobs.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
Tell the DOJ to do its job.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
Tell myself to do my job.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
Spend more money.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Tell everyone to do their goddamned jobs.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
Tell the doctors to figure out why it isn’t the feds’ fault that they aren’t doing their jobs.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
Figure out a way to push “smart guns” that don’t exist and wouldn’t be useful as guns if they did.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Tell everyone that Obamacare doesn’t actually mean what it says.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
Tell everyone that, seriously, Obamacare doesn’t actually mean that. We had to pass it to find out what was in it, after all.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
Tell everyone that I’ve been a partisan hack for the last month every time I said the NRA was crazy to want to post more cops in schools.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
Do the same thing that every police agency in the country has already done, only half as well and at ten times the cost.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
Tell doctors what they already know.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
Tell people what the parts of Obamacare that don’t say anything say.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
Tell HHS to do their job.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Hand the rest of the job of telling everyone to do their jobs off to someone else so it is no longer my job.
Oil prices are up, even though all the numbers (supply vs demand) say that they should be dropping — even though historically oil prices drop in the winter. (That cycle was already broken by the Obama administration.) Gold prices are up. The yen is up.
This is all tied together. This isn’t because each of these things has some value that is rising relative to everything else. It is because the value of the dollar is dropping compared to everything else. This is inflation, pure and simple. Oil and gold are two of the best indicators of a failing dollar. More importantly, stock prices are down. This is because inflation effects stocks less. You can’t use stocks to hedge against devaluation as easily as you can physical things like oil and gold or foreign currency.
But the dollar isn’t plummeting. Hyper-inflation hasn’t hit (yet). Why are we seeing it in inflation hedges? Because the administration is incompetent. Frankly, I can point to a single point that is causing this — the idiocy about this stupid trillion dollar coin. It’s an idea so stupid it could only have come from a world-class moron like Paul Krugman. Frankly, this administration’s incompetence is displayed perfectly by the fact that large swaths of people believe them capable of taking Krugman seriously. That in itself is an indictment. But to actually be studying and preparing for this is insanity.
It’s the way Zimbabwe decided to “solve” its economic problems. Seriously. The question, though, is that if this is so obviously, patently idiotic and destructive, why do people at the top think this could be a good idea? Because of the Dunning-Kruger effect. These people are so incompetent they don’t even know what competence looks like. They can’t tell who is competent and isn’t. They think Paul Krugman is good at economic thought. They think that they have done a good job with the economy. They don’t know enough about economics to even know how wrong they are. They have no idea what a good economy looks like. They think this is a good economy because they have lots of money in Washington.
Elections have consequences. This is the consequences of re-electing people who have been proven to be economic incompetents: Complete collapse into hyper-inflation. Don’t save dollars. Turn them into Stuff, because dollars are about to be worthless.
There are 800,000 law enforcement officers in America.
The FBI did five million NICS checks for people buying firearms in America — in November and December 2012 alone.
That’s over six guns per cop in the last two months.
Confiscation? You better start negotiation.