Nancy

Top House Dem Says She’ll Take Communion. Hmph.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., like John Kerry a Catholic who supports abortion rights, said Thursday she will continue to ask for Holy Communion in spite of Vatican opposition to pro-choice Catholics doing so.

“I fully intend to receive Communion, one way or another. That’s very important to me,” Pelosi told reporters during her weekly press conference.

Except, it seems, follow the teachings that go behind that Communion.

Pelosi, a San Francisco Democrat who was raised in a devout Italian Catholic home, told reporters, “I believe that my position on choice is one that is consistent with my Catholic upbringing, which said that every person has a free will and has the responsibility to live their lives in a way that they would have to account for in the end.”

Right. The people who use the free will in a way that the church doesn’t agree with are called SINNERS. People who publicly continue to sin are denied Communion. That is how it works.

“I’m certainly concerned when the church comes together and says it’s going to sanction people in public office for speaking their conscience and what they believe,” she said.

Well, what the fuck do you think churches do? They sanction sinners and tell people what they should believe. I even agree with your position and I still think that you are full of shit.

You do the crime, you do the time, you hypocritical cunt. You want to disagree with the church? Great! I’m right behind you! You want to keep getting the benefits that the believers in the church get? Fuck you! You don’t get that! That is the price for being a heretic. Being a heretic is often a noble thing, but it shouldn’t be an easy thing.

Whah fucking whah. “I want to keep supporting what my church considers to be a mortal sin, but I still want to be in good standing in my church. I’m a Very Important Politician, so gimme what I want, or I’ll… uh… keep sinning like I was going to anyway.”

What a sorry sack of shit.

(Via Michael Williams)

1. Michael Williams -- Master of None says:

Intellectual Honesty

One good indication that you’re intellectually honest is when people who disagree with your philosophies agree with your analyses of others’ philosophies. “Intellectual honesty” is, if you will, a meta-philosophy that attempts to prescribe how disagree…

2. Thanks for the link! It’s funny how, even though I probably wouldn’t agree with your philisophical positions, I agree with your analysis of Ms. Pelosi. I think that’s a sign that we’re both intellectually honest, whereas she’s uh, not.

3. justin says:

i agree with your statement pertaining the stand of mrs. pelosi toward, and her dissension with the catholic church…although i think the church is correct in this instance…if she professes to believe as a certain faith believes, she should either believe it, or change her religion…i have nothing against people who go to church and “believe” in christianity, if someone wants to belive in something or someone..wonderful..but it is people like her who have brought our country to the brink of disaster with their ignorance of belief, their contolled opinions, and their misinterpretation of belief…religion and belief are definitely not synonymous, or even close to for that matter…

just surfing and found your site…i didn’t mean to draw that out so much…thanks

4. Leftist Nut says:

Don’t you think considering yourself religious at all, then calling someone a “hypocritical cunt” is a bit hypocritical in its own right? That’s the same mouth you take communion with?

No. Because I don’t consider myself religious and I don’t take communion. Zombie cannibalism isn’t my thing.

6. Leftist Nut says:

Maybe you’d be more successful at converting middle-of-the-road people to your mindset without the vulgarity. It’s your site, and nobody can tell you what or what not to do on it, but it’s something to consider. Maybe you’re right in regards to Pelosi and religion, but don’t give leftist nuts like myself a reason to disregard your opinion because of vulgar name-calling.

Middle of the road people don’t read blogs.

If religion isn’t worth being vulgar over, nothing is.

8. Leftist Nut says:

You’re right on both points.

9. John E. Wadd says:

Pelosi is a fucking stupid cunt who should’nt even be trusted to filter coffee. The shrill bitch demeans the senate…it’s a joke with her and her shrill cunt buddy hilary in there.

I don’t think Hillary is Catholic, Johnny. Try to stay on topic. Incoherent rants go on your own blog.