The INTJ Convention

I’ve noticed that we Masterminds tend to congregate together in the blogosphere, reading each other’s blogs. We are over-represented on blogs and the internet, but not to the degree that I see when the blogs that I read post MBTI results.

The best explaination that I can come up with is that illogical arguments cause us to dismiss someone as a fool and stop reading them (or never start) meaning that we keep reading mostly NT Rationals, which causes Masterminds to be overrepresented.

My other theory is that our primary and secondary functions (introverted intuition and extroverted thinking) make us particularly suited to blogging, in that we have a desire to write (“extroverted thinking”) and the intuitive ability to make connections and start memes that most people don’t pick up on. The only reason that I don’t fully subscribe to this theory is that I suspect it is mainly driven by my own ego.

1. Dean Esmay says:

Heh. Indeed.

😉

2. Juliette says:

Lots of the personalities have big egos. INTJs are just honest about it. 🙂

3. I think it’s because there’s nothing an INTJ likes more than starting an argument. ;>

4. BGB.com - Seventh Position says:

Eye Enn Tee Jay

Also known as iNTj. I’ve taken the test now on and off for the past four years, and I’ve always been an iNTj. Self-confident. Strong willed. Smart as hell. Pragmatic. Open-minded. Ruthless. Only 5 to 8 percent of the world’s population. Recognize, pleb…

5. The Sicilian says:

Reasonable debates…or just frothing at the mouth fun, either way.

We INTJs thoroughly enjoy the the Rs. Reading, riting, and. . . smoking. . . Don’t forget to smoke.
    This message brought to you by the Council for a Smokey America, smoke ’em if ya got ’em!
    *warning, smoking in young teenagers does not make you look older, it just makes you look more smokey)

7. Drumwaster says:

And just exactly what do you mean by THAT?!? 😉

Sincerely,
    A Fellow INTJ

8. Cindy says:

I’m an INTJ, and I think most INTJs are just assholes. My fiance is a total asshole, but he’s on my side at least.

I have a list for INTJs. It’s full of assholes too.

Assholes! I’m surrounded by assholes!

10. Lee says:

I think that the socionics website makes a point worth considering: that the MBTI model (not the test) is incorrect for introverts. To have a symetrical classification system, introverted and extroverted thinkers should both be judging types therefore an INTJ would be an introverted thinker with extroverted intuition. In socionics, a “J” indicates whether one’s dominant function is a judging function (i.e., thinking or feeling) rather than as in MBTI indicates which dominant function is extroverted.