Amusing

Am I the only one who sees the humor in Chinese Margaret Cho calling Filipina Michelle Malkin racist?

1. Rich says:

Am I the only one who thinks you’re a racist?

Racism = denying people rights based on their race, or advocating the same. You say that Cho can’t (or shouldn’t) call Malkin a racist because she is Chinese. While I, a white man, can call Malkin a racist all day long. This is racist–you shouldn’t find Cho’s statement funny just because she is Chinese.

Similarly, if I, a white man, were to call David Duke (another white man) a racist, would that also be funny?

Are you the only one that thinks that? Unlikely.

Actually, I think that Cho should shout it as loudly as she can. It is hard to indentify the idiots if they stay quiet. If you were to call Duke a racist, that wouldn’t be funny. If a German, on the other hand, called a Jew racist, that would be funny.

Perhaps you don’t find it funny because you aren’t aware of the centuries long history of the Chinese treating the Filipinos as subhuman. Of course, if the joke has to be explained to you, it is never going to be funny.

3. Cosmic Siren says:

Phelps isn’t a racist – he’s sexist, but that’s besides the point here.

I seriously doubt that Margaret Cho is anymore educated in Chinese history than any other American. I think people everywhere should learn more world history. It would cut down a lot of persecution complexes.

4. Grimmjack66 says:

Um…Margaret Cho is Korean…and a dumb ass. Mrs Malkin need mot waste the screen sprites or bandwidth on Cho’s opinion.

You only say I’m sexist because I believe that men are better at things I like to do than women.

Actually, I don’t think that men or women are better. I really do think that men are more disposable, and that women should exercise power by manipulating men, rather than exercising it directly. (Since power generally goes back to violence or the threat thereof.) Of course, maybe being manipulated by a woman happens to be my kink. I’m not an objective observer to the situation.

If Grimmjack is right, then the point is even more on. Koreans have historicly thought that anyone not Korean is subhuman.

7. Grimmjack66 says:

My wife is Korean and I assure you she considers me subhuman!

If you know that she thinks you are subhuman and still stick around, you’re being properly manipulated! Everyone should give her a round of applause!

9. LJS says:

My wife is Korean as well and often refers to me as sub-creature…..I love it….

10. Race Traitor says:

Margaret Cho is definitely Korean-American, born on American soil. And yes, for the record, all Koreans think alike, and all of them think that other races are inferior. Actually, all Asians are exactly the same as each other. People who are not white Americans have absolutely no individuality.

Christ, some of you who think that all Asians are Chinese have got to do some more learnin’.

11. Race Traitor says:

12. Race Traitor says:

If I could I would adopt a Vietnamese kid and name him Charlie. That doesn’t make me racist, it makes me open-minded.

14. HMT says:

what is it like to have a Korean wife?

Does she even KNOW HOW to make pancakes?

Uh, RT, if I thought that all Asians are Chinese, then I would probably think Malkin was Chinese too. (Since I doubt someone who misses that distinction isn’t likely to understand the difference between Asian and Pacific Islander.)

16. guy in the UNLV jacket says:

Michelle Macklin is kind of hot all she needs now are some fake boobs

No way. I’ve always been of the opinion that unless they are bad (droopy, lopsided, whatever) that okay naturals are better than really good fakes. Not that the fakes are bad, it just like… steak sauce on a steak.

18. dubya says:

So is your supposition that a member of a race with a history of oppressing another can’t call a member of the other race racist (according to definition) simply because of historical context? That isn’t remotely intelligent. Are you one of those black men who claim they can’t be racist because their father or their father’s father was oppressed? If this context is also why you think a white man calling another white man racist is humorous then you classify all white people as racist and all Chinese or Japanese or Koreans, etc. Again that’s not even remotely intelligent. What’s funny is people running off half cocked making wild ass statements of race without really comprehending the context of what they’re saying. Now that is funny!

No — my supposition is that it is funny when a member of a race with a history of oppressing another calls a member of the other race a racist. Try to keep up. They can do it, and they can even be right, and I’ll still laugh.

I am not a black man.

I can think a (white) German calling a (white) Jew racist funny without thinking all white people are racist. I can think that laughing at British people’s bad teeth is funny without thinking that all British people have bad teeth. I can think you are stupid without thinking that everyone in Korea is stupid.

As for the last point, “What’s funny is people running off half cocked making wild ass statements of race without really comprehending the context of what they’re saying,” that is exactly what I am saying!!! That is why I am laughing at Cho calling Malkin a racist!!!

HAHAHAHAHA HE THOUGHT YOU WERE CALVERT!!!!

HAHAHkjalkdjfjkljdaklfjdkljf I didn’t even think about that. Calvert isn’t me — he’s my mascot! My hero! My lawn joc– er, good luck charm!

22. HMT says:

Korean girls can’t cook good American food.

And I’m with phelps.. natural boobies for lyfe.

but I’m not a huge boobie fan in general. all about the legs

I’d tap Malkin. And if she started talking conservative politics in the middle of it I’d lay a donkey punch to the back of her head to shut that bitch up.

Did that at all sound the least bit mysogynistic? Because it was intended to.

Your ideas intrigue me. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

25. Jenn says:

HAHAHAHA!a;lsjdfkl;asjdHAHAHAHAH!

Hey there, Calvert. Aren’t you quite the sexy bitch?

R, you crack me up. Wait, you ALL crack me up!

Phelps, I like it when you piss people off and then get all jenius on it.

26. Northe says:

Looks like I came to the party late my fellow racists.. sorry 🙁